Great news for all BC clubs and racers. In partnership with Sun Peaks Resort, BC Alpine will be hosting exclusive training (the mountain is closed to the public) in the third week of April. The conditions are expected to be optimal for training and this will give clubs and racers a chance to get a big jump on next season.
“Our goal is to bring athletes and coaches from around the province together for a variety of training opportunities. This will give our racers more time on-snow in their home province … and it’s not everyday we get to take over a mountain which is closed to the public!”Johnny Crichton, BC Alpine Vice President
BC Alpine will centrally manage the Sun Peaks “Training Centre” in terms of tickets and lane space, and will help create different environments for all the teams and clubs that want to take advantage of this great opportunity.
*Athletes must come with a club coach*
*Teams must bring their own coaches and be responsible for their athletes*
- 12 days of exclusive-access ski race training (Weather/ Snow dependent)
- Closed mountain to public – access for racers only. Cycle on Elevation Lift only
- 3 different trails with different terrain to work on ski technique and tactics
- Exposure to the BC Ski Team athletes and coaches
- Q&A with BC Ski Team athletes and coaches
- Legend Coaches (TBD) will be in attendance
- Parent ski day with Johnny Crichton, which will be an on-snow seminar: athlete development, race education, and the alpine pathway. (Date TBD)
Groups confirmed so far:
- BCST & BCST invitee training groups W/M
- Girls Fast Forward
- Development Level & Performance Level Coaching Courses
- Ontario Ski Team & Ontario Development Team
- Ontario U16 Groups
- (Your team here)
- Eligibility: All athletes U12 and older (cap at 250 athletes per day)
- Dates: April 13 to 24, 2022 (12 days possible on snow)
- Where: Sun Peaks Resort, BC
- Cost (lane, lift and grooming): $100 per day/athlete (salt if needed will be extra)
Lodging can be booked by parents at the Sun Peaks Grand or the Cahilty Hotel and Suites. (NOTE: the Cahilty will offer a meal plan for those interested.)
*Link to book accommodation at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel. They have a great deal for a 5 Star resort at $149.60 a night plus tax based on double occupancy.
*Link to book accommodation at The Residences at the Sun Peaks Grand (condo units).
*To book accommodation at the Cahilty Hotel and Suites, please call 1-250-578-6969 – use code “bc alpine mega camp” for special rate
- 2 queen beds starting at $97 per night plus tax ($114.46) based on bookings 7 or more nights
- 2 queen beds starting at $102 per night plus tax ($118.32) based on bookings 6 nights or less
OR book online using links below:
Cahilty Creek Meal plan is $55 Tax and Gratuity included for 3 meals plus hill snacks each day.
Cahilty Creek Meal plan https://cahiltycreek.com/ ask for Kelly.
Questions; email firstname.lastname@example.org