The momentum for the upcoming BC Alpine Girls Fast Forward (GFF) camp at Sun Peaks is picking up steam! Four current World Cup skiers are now confirmed to be in attendance, to work directly with the skiers and pass on their knowledge and experience to the 2023 participants. (please note the registration deadline has been extended to April 5th. Registration details below).
In addition to these incredible athletes, 7 additional coaches – club or provincial program directors and head coaches – will anchor the camp and all the activities, ranging from female-lead training, to video tech talks, physical training, tuning room sessions and athlete “fireside” chats.
- Katie Findlay
- Britt Tilston (Janyk)
- Sam Fournier
- Katie Spittlehouse
- Montana Molyneux
- Leslie Firstbrook
- Marie-Ève Boulianne
What to expect:
- Female-led training sessions on & off snow
- On-snow training sessions that allow athletes to work on their position on the ski through technical free skiing, drills, and courses
- Smaller groups on snow to create a stronger connection with coaches and athletes
- Video tech talks with Olympians
- Athlete “fireside” chat
- Tuning room guidance from the BC Women’s Ski Team
- Core sessions from certified strength and conditioning coaches & Olympians
- AND SO many chances to connect with female-identifying athletes from all over BC (think about it as meeting your future FIS teammates a little early😊)
- Who – BC Alpine registered skiers with YOB 2009 & older (entering U16 in the 23/24 season & OLDER)
- Where – Sun Peaks Resort, BC
- When – Arrive April 16th between 6:00pm – 7:30pm, and depart April 19th at 11:30am after morning ski (We understand some U14/U16 athletes may be traveling from Whistler Cup and we are ready to accommodate late arrivals. More communication will come through once athletes are registered)
- Cost – $600.00 (includes accommodation April 16th, 17th and 18th, all meals on the 17th, 18th & breakfast 19th, GFF swag, lift tickets, training space)
- Payment and Registration DEADLINE EXTENDED to April 5th!