The official ski racing game of FIS, the Road to Cortina, is now underway.
Can’t race in person right now? Put on a virtual BC Ski Team speed suit and join us in an online World Championship race in Cortina. Virtual qualification races for the title event began on December 3rd, and leads to the virtual venue of the first FIS Esports Alpine World Ski Championships, February 6 – 21, 2021.
Get in on the action!
– Update or install World Cup Ski Racing, the Official Alpine Racing Game of FIS (free)
– Anyone with an iOS or Android mobile device can compete to qualify for one of 30 coveted invitations
– The official qualifying events on The Road to Cortina are run in-game (see schedule, venues and detailed rules below)
– A 1st place in any of the qualifying events guarantees a spot in the Esports World Championships for that event. Players qualify once for an event. A player can qualify for different events, by winning (or earning enough World Cup points) in multiple events.
– The remaining invitations are awarded based on combined World Cup Points earned over the Road to Cortina season (Dec 03, 2020 – Feb 02, 2021). Qualifying players will receive a unique code that grants in-game access to the official FIS Esports Alpine World Ski Championship events, on the virtual slopes of Cortina d’Ampezzo. Real-world prizes and rewards await the podium finishers, and for the winners, the right to claim their title as the first FIS Esports Alpine World Ski Champions.