Are you a committed and dedicated BC ski racer with ambitions (or curiosity) about a future career in media, marketing or journalism? If so, BC Alpine would like to hear from you. We are currently seeking to hire two social media interns, who will benefit from a paid position as well as mentoring from digital media professionals.
The successful candidates would be part of a small communications team, with direct guidance and supervision to assist in delivering the social media goals as part of the BC Alpine Communications and Marketing Plan (2021). The Social Media Interns are highly motivated, creative individuals with an interest in ski racing and a passion for connecting with current, past and future supporters of ski racing.
“BC Alpine sees tremendous value in working with our current club or regional athletes (U16 and FIS racers preferred) in order to tell the stories of life on the road to help our readers, fans, alumni, athletes, volunteers, sponsors and families better understand ski racing in BC. Our intention is to inspire our fans and members.”– Anders Hestdalen, BC Alpine CEO
Social Media Interns – Role Description
The BCA Interns (two positions available) will work within a small team to administer, manage and grow the BC Alpine social media channels, including content creation, publishing and marketing.
- Take direction from BCA staff and/or digital marketing agency to deliver the goals outlined in the 2021 Social Media Strategic Plan.
- Create and publish relevant, original content including copywriting and images. The expectation is a minimum of 2-3 posts per week.
- Contribute ideas to assist in developing more vibrant social media channels.
- Community management of all channels including responding to followers comments, direct messages, liking and replying to posts.
- Leverage the appropriate tools to manage and publish content.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across channels.
- Attend and contribute at comms team meetings.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Demonstrates proficiency and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others.
- Capable of content production (video/photo).
- Passion for, and knowledge about, ski racing required.
Who we are:
The BC Alpine Ski Association is a division of Alpine Canada Alpin (ACA) which serves as the governing body of alpine ski racing. Our VISION is to Inspire skiers for life and develop world-class athletes. Our MISSION is To lead and govern the sport of Alpine Ski Racing in BC, to provide leadership and structure for our clubs to deliver high quality, sustainable and affordable programming and to communicate the competitive, recreational and lifestyle benefits of ski racing to the community.
- October 15, 2021 – April 15, 2022 (6 months)
- Employment type: Contractor
- Current BC Alpine registered ski racer (U16 or FIS level preferred)
- Time commitment: 6-8 hours per week
- $500 per month, per Intern
Interested applicants should submit a short application by Oct. 10, 2021 to email@example.com, please submit the following details, as well as any other relevant details.
- Which club, team or program are you currently registered with?
- What grade and school do you attend?
- Who is your favourite ski racer, and why?
- Name 3-5 aspects of your favourite alpine ski social media channels, and why?
All applicants will be contacted directly and the finalists will be notified for a video interview.