CWSAA has just been informed that RCR will be issuing a season pass again to all CWSAA Competitor Passholders for the upcoming 2021/22 season. Please notify all ski clubs and athletes / parents that have been issued 2021/22 CWSAA Competitor Pass of the direct lift to access process.
- Athlete & Coach to fill out on-line waiver first (link is here)
- Enter waiver confirmation numbers in the box provided
- Athlete / coach will then get an email to upload a picture and their valid QR code proving they are vaccinated.
- RCR will approve their picture and QR code and email them confirmation they have been approved
- They can go to any one of Resorts of the Canadian Rockies ski resorts and pick up their season pass.
- They may go straight to lifts for the rest of the season!
Conditions of Use
- The seasons pass issued with this application is valid only for the person whose photograph appears on it. Should any other person attempt to use this pass it will be confiscated without rebate and that person will be prosecuted under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- In the event of misconduct or non-observation of the ski area safety regulations (or Skiers Responsibility Code) on the part of the pass holder, he/she will be prohibited use of the lifts as determined by the management.
- The holder of this pass assumes all risk of personal injury or loss or damage to property.
- The season pass is nontransferable.
- If lost or stolen, there is a $20 charge for a replacement pass.
- Passholders without their pass may receive a lift ticket on the first occurrence. On additional days the pass-holder will be required to purchase a replacement pass.
- This pass remains the property of Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc and affiliated companies and resorts.
Fraudulent Use of Pass The Season Pass / Membership is non-transferable and is not available for resale. A $500 penalty will apply in the event that the Season Pass / Membership is used by another individual or family member. This penalty will apply regardless if the Member is aware of the misuse or not.
The Member is liable for any misuse of the Season Pass / Membership when not in the possession of the Member, unless the Season Pass / Membership has already been reported as lost or stolen.
In addition to the penalty for misuse of a Season Pass / Membership, the Member will lose all lift access privileges at all Resorts of the Canadian Rockies resorts.
Members are reminded that Season Pass / Memberships are valuable, and should be kept in a safe place at all times.
Conditions of use are subject to change without notice.
We’re less than a month away from our first event of the 2021-22 season and your first opportunity to volunteer at a ski race!
The Panorama Canada Cup FIS race is seeking volunteers to help put on the first race of the season for BC, so why not dust off those cobwebs and get out on the mountain with us?
Volunteer online now through the event link on our calendar: https://bcalpine.com/calendar/#3997
This year’s Officials Update will be back in-person Oct 30 14:30-18:30 at TCC in Kamloops as well as online using Teams Webinar.
This event is available to anyone who is interested, but we have limited capacity for the in-person portion. Anyone interested, please be sure to sign up in advance.
More information and signup available on our calendar.
The 2022 registration season began on June 1st.
All Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance and Sport Accident Insurance Policy (SAIP) purchased during the 2020/2021 season will expire as of July 1st, 2021. Because of this all members participating in training or other club activities after June of this year must be renewed for the 2022 season to be covered by the CGL or SAIP insurances.
Although we have not yet received final category costs from Alpine Canada Alpin, we have been told to expect no changes to any category or insurance cost from the 2021 season.
If you would like to make the publication date for list #1 you must be registered with BC Alpine via your club no later than end of day June 27, 2021.
Registrations will of course be accepted after this time however list #2 will not be published until mid-August. This means any requests to race during the summer (southern hemisphere events) where the racer would like to have their points available would require immediate points activation at an additional cost if you are not in before the list #1 deadline.
Current year FIS documents are available to download via: https://bcalpine.com/files/Registration_Files/FIS_Registration/
Please remember that the FIS Medical Evaluation requires a physical exam so make sure your athletes book an appointment with their medical professional to get this document completed!
Another important deadline: Canada West Ski Area Association has set an August 11th deadline to be registered in FIS to be eligible for a CWSAA All Areas Pass card.
Have any questions or concerns regarding registration or insurance?
Please contact Keven Dubinsky at our offices directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-678-3074.
The following list of members (by club) have been approved for a CWSAA All Areas Pass for the 2020-21 season. These members need to complete the online waiver and upload their pass photo as soon as possible. Links to the waiver and photo uploader are found below the list of approved names along with instructions on using the online waiver signing application.
!!! If you feel any names are in errors or are missing, contact Keven Dubinsky immediately !!!
Black Dogs Ski Club:
Lauren Koper, Mike Koper
Fernie Alpine Ski Team:
Dylan Timm, Ewan Carter, Liam Vanhooren, Kaleb Barnum, Brett Christie, Rod Timm, Tyler Werry
Grouse Mountain Tyee Ski Club:
Katarina Kaludjercic, Mackenzie Themens, Mila Plavsic, Nelson Fretenburg, Alek Hristov, Cole Macdougall, Dylan Stevens, Noel Airoldi, Seungbin Song, Dustin Koepke
Okanagan Ski Team:
Marcus Athans, Ella Mills, Lauren Clancy, Aaron Leaman, Heming Sola, Logan Leach, Oliver Young, Derek Trussler
Prince George Ski Club:
Charlotte Gibson, Melinda Kobasiuk
Red Mountain Racers:
Sasquatch Mtn Ski Club:
Sun Peaks Alpine Club:
Brynn Applegath, Liam Applegath, Euan Currie, Talyn Lorimer, Micah Schwirtlich, Daimion Applegath, Wade Rettie
Vernon Ski Club:
Rane Smith, Gerrit Van Soest
Whistler Mountain Ski Club:
Gemma Bexton, Alyssa Emery, Freya Jumonville, Emeline Bennett, Isabella Cross, Sloane Goldberg, Sara Stiel, Meagan Doiron, Nathan Romanin, Lukas Forssander, Curtis Jepsen, Tait Jordan, Jack Morrow, Hayden Harley, John Nicolls, Matthias Shorter, Adam Usher, Chase Burns, Duncan Ross, Sascha Gilbert, Callum Clarke, Kosuke Akita, Ryuji Gaman, Holly Clarke, Sam Fuller, Richard Jagger, Conrad Pridy, Gigi Kranjc
Windermere Valley Ski Club:
STEP 1: Digital Waiver – LINK
CWSAA is excited to be partnering with 1Risk again on the digital waiver for the upcoming 2020-21 season.
Tips on filling out the digital waiver:
The digital form is best filled out on a hand held device. If using a PC to fill out the form, the web browser must be either Chrome or Fire Fox. Not adaptable with Internet Explorer.
With the digital form, it’s assuming you are of legal age or the parent/guardian signing on behalf of the minor.
The first part of the form is where the legal age athlete or parent/guardian must initial that they have read the following:
(The signee can either use their finger to initial or the mouse cursor if using a PC. Can not type in their initials.)
- Information on Competitor Pass Program & Alpine Responsibility Code
- Assumption of Risks
- Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risks Agreement
- Ski Area Operator Day Pass Exclusion of Liability
- Waiver Progress Information: this is where the legal age athlete or parent/guardian enter in their personal information
- at the bottom of the page, please remember to select one of the following options:
- I am an Adult with no minors to sign for
- I am an Adult that will be participating and have Minors to sign for
- I am an Adult Guardian (not participating) signing for minors
- be redirected to fill in information for a minor
STEP 2: Photo Upload – LINK
Please remember that CWSAA requires that you filling your affiliation as “BC Alpine” not your ski club as they categorize the passes by provincial governing body and do not know which one each club belongs to. This will help sort all the photos more efficiently and lead to less delays that may occur if your club name is used.
Reminder – Photos must meet the following guidelines:
- Photos must be in a jpeg format
- Photos must be taken against a plain white or lightly coloured background
- The photo must be taken 5 to 6 feet from the person
- The lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face
- No hats or sunglasses/goggles
- The photos must show a full front view of the face and top of the shoulders squared to the camera